Should children who aren't vaccinated attend schools?

Started by TheRavenfreak, May 08, 2019, 04:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRavenfreak

Recently more and more parents are choosing not to vaccinate their children. Because of this, some schools are banning children who aren't vaccinated. Do you think the schools are doing a good thing? I think so, children should get up to date vaccines to keep them healthy. The schools number one priority is the safety of their students, and non vaccinated children would be a risk to that rule.

Ash

They really shouldn't. I believe some countries have already started to do this but it would be nice to see it happen all over the world. I think it would be awful for someone to potentially die or get sick because some parent decided they don't want to vaccinate their own kid.

TheRavenfreak

I definitely agree Ash. Parents should raise their children healthy, and I think if the child doesn't get vaccinated that's another form of abuse honestly.

Ash

It really doesn't help that there are some well-known and highly popular celebrities and actors that are coming out and mentioning that they are anti-vax. The stupidity of some people never amazes me.

Juneberry

I definitely think they shouldn't be going to school. In my day there weren't really options about it- you just got your vaccines and any tests when starting at a new school or anything of the sort. All the science I've heard and seen debunks the main fight anti-vaxxers have outside religious reasons, and it makes me question those religious reasons even more so when you think of all the damage it does not to get something so simple and in some cases free.

Also I agree, Raven, though I think it counts more as neglect than abuse, to some extent.

MeowsePad

Quote from: Ash on Jun 14, 2019, 01:05 pmIt really doesn't help that there are some well-known and highly popular celebrities and actors that are coming out and mentioning that they are anti-vax. The stupidity of some people never amazes me.
It sickens me how many people aren't getting their kids vaccinated because of that damn Jenny McCarthy book. My child will be getting every vaccine that she possibly can.
Please come check out MeowsePad Community. Nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

https://meowsepad.org/